Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Finnish Deal

Hoping to get a blog entry together on the coolness of Utopiales and all the fine folks I met and chatted with there, but in the meantime, one of the nice things that happened but wasn't related at all was checking my email in the hotel lobby, on the Thursday, I think, and finding out that Vellum has been picked up by LIKE publishers in Finland.

So, yes, no idea yet when it'll be out, but one big-ass HURRAH! Even leaving the US publication out, this brings the grand total of foreign rights deals into double figures, I believe. And better still, there's always a chance it'll give me an excuse to go back to Helsinki again, and catch up with all the great guys I met at Åcon last year -- Jukka and Tero who just happen to be blogging right now over at Jeff Vandermeer's blog, Toni, Hanna and Johan, my late-night/early-morning drinking buddies, and... well... too damn many others to mention them all by name.

So, YAAAYYYYY!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger tabbystardust said...

So, it's official now! Congrats!!!

I talked about this with one of the Like editors a while ago, and she said the book would probably be scheduled to come out next autumn. (They want the translation to be as good as possible, so it'll take some time.)

And yes, definitely hoping to see you again in Finland! Arrr!

-Maija

3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked my town :)

7:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. :)

//JJ

11:20 pm  
Blogger jukkahoo said...

Wahey! Congrats to you and to the Finnish readership, who are really getting something Extra Special to savour and ponder about.

As to coming back, I'd be willing to think that LIKE is going to arrange something vis-a-vis the eventual publication. Helsinki Book Fair? We'll see.

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home