Notes from New Sodom

... rantings, ravings and ramblings of strange fiction writer, THE.... Sodomite Hal Duncan!!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Twitter

Yes, I did it. I don't know why I did it, but I did it. I joined Twitter. Given that the posts are limited to 140 characters, it's no surprise that the general reaction has been along the lines of this:



(Kudos to Paul Abbamondi on that, btw.)

Anyhoo, we shall see how it works out. Of course, you do know that my crazy mentalism sometimes runs to writing with arbitrary length-restraints, right? Like how this story and this story are both written in 10 sections of exactly 100 words each, making exactly 1000 words in total? Or how I edited the final draft of Escape from Hell! just to make sure the MS (albeit with the title page) was exactly 40,000 words. Heh.

4 Comments:

Blogger I_am_savage said...

Howdy! I may be a dumbass for asking, but how does one 'follow' the blog of 'THE sodomite Hal Duncan!!'? Using the blogger 'follow' thingy. Or is that something you have disallowed?

Anywho.

Twitter? For Hal??? Next; birds will evacuate from teeny tiny bowels, long epistemological treatises on my front lawn, in 11 pt courier. And xml tags with LaTEX compatibility. amen.

GRIN.


PS I get my copy of 'escape from hell!' in a couple of days and am warped and salivating at the prospect! yeeeeehaaaa!

3:01 pm  
Anonymous Penagain said...

Mr. Duncan,

Not sure the best way to go about this, so I shall begin with a quick note here: is there any word on an alternative publication home for the City of Rotted Names, since the GrendelSong chapbook seems to have fallen through? I have an abiding curiosity to see that story!

3:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the irony. I, one-sentence-blog-man, avoid Twitter through technophobia and puzzlement. You treat it as haiku.

10:45 pm  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

Hi Finnegan. Um, I have no idea how you'd "follow" the blog, to be honest. I have a vague understanding that Blogger has some sort of follow function, but I have no idea how it works. There's a RSS feed or some such malarky too, I think, but again I don't have a scooby how it works.

Hi Penagain. Actually, that reminds me I need to chase someone up about that story. At the moment all I can say is it's not got a home right now.

Jim: Don't worry, my own experience of Twitter so far pretty much consists of technophobia and puzzlement.

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home